Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Marmite
      Participant

Hi

I havent been on for a while. My boyfriend gad been doing a perpetrator programme and i was hoping things would improve.

I was wrong.
      Not long after the course was finished he sexually assaulted me.

At the moment im in a place where i cant decide whether to keep trying and hoping he will change or just say enoigh is enough!
      I dont know how much more i can go through

foreignfreedom
      Participant

Hello Marmite. This is my first post so apologies if I don’t quote correctly/do the formatting right. I just couldn’t read this and move on.
      Enough is enough. He is supposed to be your best friend, the person who makes your life BETTER not worse -you would have a better life without him – you must not be sexually assaulted by ANYONE. Deep down – I don’t know if you think he will change, but even if he does, do you want to forgive what he’s done? Please, darling, please, enough is enough. x

Bananaboat
      Participant

Because you see the good in him, because you want to believe the promises and that the good times are the real him, because the chemical reactions their behaviour has caused in us has tricked our brain into survival mode, because they keep us in a fog and convince us we’re the problem or part of it, that we’re overreacting or imagining it. We aren’t dealing with ‘normal’ here.

Someone wrote on here once that people leave relationships all the time in the world, one party might not agree but the parties separate and move on, that hit home, we’re not ‘allowed’ to leave them, they won’t make it easy and again we want to stay safe. Don’t beat yourself up for trying again and again, he’s the problem not you xx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content