Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Feeling really sad a horrible today. It’s been (detail removed by moderator) since he assaulted me, I’m pregnant and have 2 children. Why couldn’t I have the happy family life, going on holidays, days out, making memories? No, he only memories I’m going to have are horrible ones. I was (age removed by moderator) this month and surely this is when I should be enjoy my family life with a partner etc I’m never going to meet anyone else now. I’m pregnant and then I’ll have a newborn. Why couldn’t I find a nice man, why did I have to fall in love with an abuser. I hate him so much

cupcakes
      Participant

Want to give you a hug I’m so sorry for what you are going through.

I do not know what to say as I’m going through the same and in a really bad place now. I have 2 small children so I know how you feel and what you are going through.

There are many ladies here who can help who have come through the other side. Calling can help too although I have not done that yet.

Xx

Thanks cupcakes.
      Just feel so sad. I was so looking forward to.my  (birthday removed by moderator) but he decided to assult me day before. Everything planned was cancelled, then my grandad died (detail removed by moderator) who was basically my dad. Just finding it hard. Must be all sinking in and feeling very sorry for myself. I looked up to my grandparents and adored there relationship and have fond memories why can’t I have that, why can’t I be an inspiration to my children and potential grandchildren. Not that I want to be with anyone at the moment. Just I never ever intended my life to be this way and I sometimes wish I could start over. Everythig is just a mess

Peaceful Pig
      Participant

It’s so hard to accept the loss of so much wasted time plus all the other grief you will be experiencing. It’s such a deep sadness. It is possible to start over and be an inspiration to your children. You already are by being so strong. It’s entirely your partner’s responsibility that family life wasn’t the way you hoped. For a long time I convinced myself I was staying for the children, I couldn’t bear to put them through the upheaval of leaving, but I have no regrets now, except perhaps to wish I’d sought help sooner. I’m not sure if you’re still in the relationship but maybe your pregnancy is an opportunity in some ways, lots of contact with the GP, midwife, health visitor etc maybe try talking to them and seek some support xx

I’m never going back. We had our problems in the past and I was always to blame and I believed him but this time I done completely nothig wrong and I still got the blame and hen to hurt me while pregnant was the last straw. I see my midwife in couple of weeks so will definitely speak to her. Just hard trying to find the positives in this situation at the moment. I have amazing family support around me just feeling so sad. Just keep thinking my grandad wouldn’t want me to be with him luckily he never knew what he was like. (Detail removed by moderator). 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content