Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      betterdays
      Participant

Him by not contacting him. Even though he has someone else? ??? X

KIP.
      Participant

We want closure which is never going to come in a way that we want but we can find closure by No Contact. We want to be heard, want them to know the pain they’ve caused but they are never going to listen and if they do, they don’t hear the words. What we often miss is the beauty of “No Contact.” You are finally saying No More. It is your voice without the words but they hear it loud and clear as if you screamed from the top of your lungs – “Go to the Devil.” No Contact is your pure and sweet rejection. It is empowering. It is your last word. It is your closure. It is one of the most hurtful n**********c injuries you could inflict. They have finally come to understand you know just who and what they are. They know the tricks do not work anymore. They know you are no longer prey or a pawn in their game. It is your last word.”

Yes it will hurt him Betterdays. He will be surprised, shocked and wonder what you are doing. Having NC gives you breathing space to think for yourself without being interrupted by him. You also feel for yourself, all of the past hurts that happened before. This is all therapeutic.

I would say, No Contact (for me anyway) was fairly easy though I broke it once and have regretted it ever since. I feel that I gave away the power I was holding and showed him my hand. Breaking NC after having a spell of it, also sends your emotions haywire. But in the whole scheme of things this will really empower you. X*X

Serenity
      Participant

Yes, but it will be his ego that’s hurt and his sense of pride and his need for control that will suffer.

These abusers have no noble feelings of remorse, concern or nostalgia. They aren’t normal.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content