Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Starmoon
      Participant

He says that I could be charged for waisting their time as he was on bail for the previous assault but I had gone back to him… I was going to drop the charges as I believed it must’ve been my fault. (Removed by moderator) night he’s been emailing me and denying that it even happened. He’s saying I was out of control but that’s just not true at all. It’s just not in my nature to go crazy, to shout and scream for nothing… I was happy, buzzing to see him, I was annoyed that the key didn’t work and annoyed at him when he was shouting and swearing at me for waking him up… I mean maybe I should’ve just gone home?! I didn’t want him arrested (removed by moderator) but now I really wish I had!! Because he’s lying about it. I tried to make a statement today but the officer who came out (removed by moderator) is working nights again… he’s not going to be bothered about coming to take a statement tonight is he?! But while I wait for the officer my ex could be doing anything to cover his tracks

Falling Skys
      Participant

He is trying to intimidate you, if any of these communication is written show the police, it is further abuse.

Stay calm and don’t let him get to you (easier said than done I know).

I made a statement at night.

Good luck and big hugs.

FS xx

Malaya
      Participant

Oh my word, my ex told me that the police told him they thought I was wasting their time and He could have me done for harassment. I phoned the police in tears, spoke to the interviewing officer and he assured me there was no truth in it whatsoever and that he had been warned to stop his behaviour

It’s all lies and threats and intimidation. Don’t believe a word of it. Don’t wait for a particular officer, just call them and make that report. I retracted my statement when I had the opportunity to have him done. I was told if I’d gone through with it, he’d be doing a prison sentence right now

Starmoon
      Participant

I waited all night for a call and I’ve had nothing…. I’m going to just go in to the station today to make a report! I hate the police in my local aria. When he assaulted me I initially said I’d make a statement but when the officer was explaining it to the other one (the one who would’ve made the arrest) he said ‘she was having ago at him so he tried to strangle her’ those words just made me think ‘of course- he had no choice’, and I felt to blame again?!. I can’t believe I’m in this situation again :(. I reported him (Detail removed by Moderator) times last year for smashing up my things, making threats to me, throwing an iron at me and attempting to throw me down the stairs. I told the police locally that he’d spat at me and drugged me and every time they just said it was my word against his and it wouldn’t stand up in court. The time he was arrested i called the police as I was genuinely scared… when They arrived I was constantly saying how sorry I was for having to call them… they had practically begged me to make a statement but then they were police from a different area… they were brilliant and they seemed to believe me

Malaya
      Participant

Some are better than others. The new coercive control laws have helped a fair bit and many police officers are itching to arrest these guys.

Good luck with reporting it, be strong and go through with it xx

Suntree
      Participant

Ask for the Domestic violence Officer to make the statement to. They at least should be trained.
      Tell them that it was also the comments from the officer to the officer which made you feel as though it was your fault.
      Hopefully you will get someone who understands DV and not others who just don’t want to do the paperwork.

Good luck

Velveteenbun
      Participant

What are the new coercive control laws?

older lady
        Participant

Section 76 of the Serious Crime Act 2015

SaharaD
      Participant

Unlikely, to be charged with wasting police time. Why do we believe these abusive liars?

If you continue to go back and forth and keep changing your mind, there is little that the police can do unfortunately. The evidence is difficult to prove and then after all their hard work the CPS might decide not to prosecute.

that’s why people and the police have started recording things on their phones. That mobile recording of Ellie Butler is chilling.

KIP.
      Participant

I recorded the assault on my phone too. He’d keep telling me nobody would believe me and it would be my word against his. Once I handed this over there was no going back which was the best thing for me as I was still vulnerable.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content