Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Goingthroughit
      Participant

Just as the title states really
      He’s left 90% (own home comes and goes as he pleases)
      I keep thinking he’s all I know should I try I know I can’t change him
      Feel like I’m letting daughter down depriving her of a father
      Thinking it’s my fault because I’ve never got over my ex but I read that fantasising about being with someone else is a coping mechanism of emotional abuse? Is it? Can anyone shed light on that I had a chance to get back with my ex but I didn’t I stayed with him and we started a family then things got worse or I just noticed I was under his complete control.
      If I look back to when I was single I was happy I was very confident in my life choices now I’m a shell of a woman who over eats and just gave up on myself I’ve started self care again I’m trying then he says do u want me back do I want me to come home then I feel guilty because I don’t think I do and I just feel like a terrible person but he is subtlety still trying to control me even though we are not together right now.
      Sorry for the rant I’m feeling like the bad guy in all this

KIP.
      Participant

The abuser has programmed you to feel sorry for him. Guilt is a tool that the abuser uses very often. Absolutely zero contact is how you recover, taking back control. Blocking him from everything. Any contact will bring mind games and manipulation and is toxic. Any contact should be done through a third party if you have children. I was with my abuser for decades and thought I’d never be able to recover but I’m several years out and I can’t believe life can be so good. You need to take back control of your life. That girl you were when you were single is still there. Let her out. Let her take control of her life again. Re wire your brain and your thought process. He is nothing without you, you are everything without him x

Goingthroughit
      Participant

Thanks kip
      I am trying ever so hard it’s all that’s on my mind.
      I’ve taken steps to get my life back I will do this.

Wisewords
      Participant

KIP what a fantastic response. Explained some things for me too. Thank you.

KIP.
      Participant

💕

Anonymous
      Inactive

“He is nothing without you, you are everything without him” – KIP, I love that.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content