Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      cupcakes
      Participant

Hi – well the first week or so after leaving I started to feel a bit better, a bit stronger, I put on a couple of pounds as I have lost over 1 and 1/2 stone due to stress he has caused me but then he started email me directly…

At first it started ok just to sort out the children arrangements and the school holidays. However it soon started to turn nasty and he started to bully and control me via email, even copying half his family in to it! His Dad has also been emailing me, (detail removed by Moderator) I am currently trying to get a legal aid solicitor as I have no money and I have tried to explain this to them but they will not wait and they are pushing and pushing me. I have asked my husband not to copy his family on our private emails but he continues to do so and said he is doing it as evidence.

I feel stressed again and I have lost the weight again in a few days and now I dont know what to do.

One of the reasons he got nasty was because he wants the children (detail removed by Moderator) nights over night in the week and (detail removed by Moderator) weekend (the week nights change weekly) Anyway I said yes to all this providing he was able to collect them from school on his nights and drop them back at school the next day as I feel its important for the children to spend time with him if he has them, plus I work (detail removed by Moderator) days a week too but he thinks my job isn’t important.

I have no solicitor at the moment and I cant afford the 100.00 it costs to phone a solicitor and ask for advise on this but I dont know what to do..I feel I am being fair with (detail removed by Moderator) nights a week and every other weekend which the days change weekly all I am asking is he does the school pick ups.

I am considering going no contact again but this makes it so difficult to arrange the children why cant he just stop with the nastiness

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

Hi cupcakes,

So sorry to hear about this, it is very much bullying. Remember that you don’t have to engage with it, you don’t have to put up with being treated like this. Can you ring the helpline for advice, and Rights of Women? The other ladies on here who have been through this will also be able to help I’m sure. I think someone said they used a mediator to arrange things like this. I would not engage with your ex and his family directly anymore because they are trying to take control of the situation, are bullying you, treating you horrendously and you just simply don’t have to put up with it.

KIP.
      Participant

Hey there. Most solicitors offer the first half hour free consultation. His behaviour is only going to get worse. Look up Rights for Women. They offer free legal advice. Is there a third party who can act as a go between or can you give the children a contact book that you both write in and they take it between each of you?

cupcakes
      Participant

I can’t stand much more of this I really don’t know what to do x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content