Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      starryeyed
      Participant

Hi,

This feels like a really stupid post, and I should have probably asked the officers when I spoke to them last but I wondered if anyone could shed some light. When I called the police because I was scared of my ex/partner they came out and did the DASH risk assessment with me and gave me info on DV agencies and advised me to end things with him. They arrested him that night for drink driving. An officer has been in touch with me since to check in and I found myself wondering if any of this is going to be on his record or flagged? I’m in the process of doing Clare’s Law so waiting to hear back, but I wondered if any future partner of his does this, would that incident be flagged? I don’t think so because he was arrested for drink driving so that would be on his record…and not linked to DV so wouldn’t be shared…but I don’t know?

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

I was sent some information on it by my local domestic abuse team and it said that basically the Police decide what to tell the new partner if they request info under Clare’s Law. So for example if he had shoplifted the new partner wouldn’t be told (as it is not considered relevant and also for confidentiality) but if there had been reports of domestic violence, any sort of violence I think, probably child abuse and harassment and stalking then they would probably be told. It depends on each case and what the police decide. So it’s hard to know in your case but I would have thought the police would tell a new partner that he had been previously reported for domestic abuse but maybe not the drink driving. This is my understanding of it anyway.

starryeyed
        Participant

Thanks for your reply SunshineRainFlower…yeah that makes sense with what I was told. I wondered if it showed even just reports or if it would be actual arrests? I wonder if the incident would be completely ignored because categorically he was charged with the drink driving…but if I called them because of domestic abuse then would that still be flagged?

Dragonfly
      Participant

Hey. My ex got off with assaulting me. He went on trial. However I’ve been told that this will stay on his file (even tho he wasn’t found guilty). That pleases me because I know he will do it again. I just hope his next victim gets away in time.

Woollymammal
      Participant

Hi.. I’m a bit worried that my abusive husband son is going to see if they can foster.. I’m worried that they will be refused because of my husband’s abuse and if so will his son find out that I have a tag on the house and I’ve told the docs and seen womans aid.. I’m scared now.

Xx

starryeyed
        Participant

Hey Woollymammal, I hope you are okay – I think it may be worth getting in touch with Women’s Aid if you haven’t already and see what they suggest about this? They should be able to advise you – I’m not sure if his son would find out about all of that stuff. Take care of yourself <3 x*x

Ayanna
      Participant

The son cannot be punished for the father’s crimes. It is unlikely that his father’s record affects him in any way.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content