Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Twitcher
      Participant

Evening lovely ladies,

I haven’t posted on here for a few weeks, my hope has dwindled since I lost my fur baby. I’m still living with my ex husband but very slowly the divorce is going ahead. It is so dark at the moment, the abuse has reached another level verballyand mentally. What I hoped you amazing ladies would help me with is why do I hate myself so much and why has he made me feel like I’m in the grip of madness? I struggle to go anywhere that I wouldn’t of thought twice about and the thought of people I know seeing me as I am now terrifies me. Will I always be this way now, anxious and scared of my own shadow. Has he stripped me of everything I once was? Any advice my lovelies would be so welcome, sending you all much love x*x

Hereforhelp
      Participant

Hi Twitcher, fur babies are a great source of comfort and love… I have 2… I am guessing living in the same house as him without any comfort, love just abuse would make anyone feel like they’re losing it.. but you aren’t mad.. you have lost confidence,.exhaustion sets in with the ups.and downs of.abuse… you are nearly there, divorce is getting nearer..
      Hang on in there…
      Is there one thing you can do for yourself, a pampering bath/shower or whatever you like doing foe you.. I had to think back when I was asked this question as I had stopped thinking of me… I am also nearing the end re legal stuff, he hasn’t and doesn’t make it easy and is dragging all he can out… apparently it’s a known tactic.

Sending love and strength
      HFH ❤️

Twitcher
        Participant

Hi HFH,

Thanks so much for your reply, i have never been through anything this bad in all my life and he’s been abusive our whole marriage. It’s relentless and I can’t even go in a different room, he shouts through walls. I imagine like your ex he is telling his solicitor lots of lies and says prove I’m lying, anything to try and make it more difficult. I wish I could erase the things he says straight away from my mind but sadly it doesn’t work like that. When I joined the forum your posts made me feel so proud, your immense inner strength I respect so much. You’re a pretty incredible woman and will try to take a fraction of your strength and hope for peace soon. Much love to you lovely x*x

Hiya@
      Participant

Oh lovely how very sad, my lovely dog died last year and I was absolutely devastated, she was my world. Obviously my ex was sad but he told me I was stupid and should just get on with it.
      Truth is that our relationship as going nowhere anyway.
      No you won’t always feel like you do at the moment, you are not mad you are just struggling and grief is very tough. For me I have been keeping journals, just writing my thoughts and feelings down.
      Do something nice for yourself, anything, just give yourself permission.
      Stay Strong, use the forums, we are here x*x

Twitcher
        Participant

Hello hiya@,

Thank you so much for your kind words, I miss her everyday and she showed me how real love should feel, not this spiteful hatred i have shouted at me. It’s so hard putting yourself first after all this time when you’ve been made to feel worthless, I did order a (detail removed by Moderator) though from (detail removed by Moderator), symbolising DV and it made me feel slightly empowered. I come on this forum for support from kind, beautiful ladies like you and don’t think I’ve never not had a reply, that is something very special. Sending you much love x*x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content