Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      jsscollie
      Participant

He’s told me in front of the boys that they will be interviewed by someone as part of proceedings for non-molestation and injunction orders, and also for the divorce. They’re anxious about this – is it true and if so what happens?

cupofcoffee
      Participant

Hi hun, just wanted to say that they don’t interview kids for a divorce, I don’t know about an injunction but why would he mention all this in front of your children as it should be a private conversation between adults unless he wanted to upset your kids, and you? Sending hugs as it sounds like he really should not have mentioned this in front of the kids as he has now made them anxious, stay strong hun xx

Indiamalachite
      Participant

Not in my experience, non-molestation order is only for you not the children, people i know who have been involved have not heard of them interviewing children and def not for divorce as @cupofcoffee said. Sounds like he’s just trying to intimidate. Good luck x

shine bright 2
      Participant

Children not interviewed for non mol

Serenity
      Participant

No, my kids were not interviewed for the non-mol, even when he contested it.

They were spoken to by a CAFCASS worker as part of the contact proceedings.

jsscollie
      Participant

Thanks all. He’s finally talked to someone and left. Shaking like a jelly but I’m hoping it’s going to be ok.

KIP.
      Participant

Do not believe a word he tells you. My ex told me many lies just to try and regain control and make me anxious. Speak to the professionals and know your rights. Not from him because he will make it all up. My ex also showed our child the affidavit when I had to write about the sexual abuse. These men have no boundaries, no empathy. They will use their kids because they know that will hurt you most. There are no rules in their minds so protect yourself. Shameful disgusting behaviour.

KIP.
      Participant

Hopefully your boys will begin to see him for the lying abuser he really is. What kind of a father deliberately upsets their own children. Sick sick men.

jsscollie
      Participant

I’m still in shock. The kids are just stunned and don’t know what to think. The stupid part of me still feels guilty for this – I’m flapping around the house cleaning shoes to keep myself distracted.

KIP.
      Participant

I used to clean for hours and hours as a distraction. I also tried to make excuses for my husbands behaviour to our child. I now wish I’d been honest and just told our son his father was lying. Trouble is my husband was telling our son that I was lying. I tried to keep our child out of it and play the long game. Hoping our child would see his father for the abuser he is. But my husband playing the victim card with Oscar winning performances. I was in shock for ages. Just couldn’t believe the depths these men sink to. Keep your head high and play the long game. I got great advice from Serenity ages ago. She said be a graceful swan. On the surface you glide along keeping your calm even though underneath your legs will be kicking and struggling to stay straight. Work on no contact so that he cannot drag your kids into this mess in front of you. Use a third party for contact too X

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content