Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      endoftherainbow
      Participant

I feel im a confused mess at the moment, in so many ways, very happy, I love my little flat and the great relationship iv been able to rebuild with my family, I can go out when I like and do everything when I want. I have gone no contact, so all the nasty threats have stopped which is fantastic. But sometimes im so angry, my teen is a mess at the moment, wont go to school, argues and shouts all the time, or locks away crying. He`s got away with so much, he caused all this trauma and is sitting pretty, hes moved on to the next victim, I wish I could warn her. He sold everything while I was in refuge so has no money worries, im still fight for child support. He still has his job, whereas I lost mine when I left.
      I worry that my family will get fed up of me talking about things, they know iv been diagnosed with PTSD and have been great, but the voice {his voice} is still in the back of my head sayin they hate me and I get on their nerves.
      Their lives don’t seem to change much, they cause all this damage and then just move on, I used to wish him dead to escape before, now id like it for revenge!! I want his live to be ruined as he did mine, then I get angry with myself for wasting energy on him instead of concentrating on all the good going on with my life…..vicious circle!
      So, feel a bit better for getting that of my chest! Thank you all for being there x*x

Borntobefree
      Participant

Hi hun
      Iam so happy you are free from his abuse
      It’s natural to feel so angry and to want revenge .. (detail removed by Moderator) my ex destroyed me too . I had to leave my job
      And be bk beside my family ..

I have ptsd too because of my ex

But I won’t let him win or destroy my life more

(detail removed by Moderator)

Keep plodding forward day by day

Make your life a good one

Abusers hate seeing us happy

Straighten your crown you are worth more than a (detail removed by Moderator) … my ex tried to sabatage my relationship with my family ..guess what he lost

X

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content