Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Purplecupcake
      Participant

I’m starting to wish I was still at home living with my abuser

I had a whirlwind of events and now the police are involved, I still haven’t had any help getting out of my house and finding a new home which was the only reason I contacted wa in the first place. On top of that now all my family knows what is going on and are all making things seem way worse than they actually are meaning I am now having to comfort and support my family who seem traumatised by what I’ve gone through. I’m having phone call after phone call from different support services, police checks and questions etc. all manner of things accept what I need/want. I’m getting frustrated and regret ever calling. I wish I was back with my abuser.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Purplecupcake,

This all sounds really difficult. It sounds like maybe what’s happening feels out of your control. Domestic abuse takes so much of your control away anyway and you deserve to be supported and empowered to make your own decisions at this time. Your family expecting you to step into the role of making them feel okay is tough, especially if the decision about them finding out wasn’t one you got to plan. With everything feeling chaotic and overwhelming and so many people wanting different things from you, it’s understandable that you are wishing for things to go back to how they were. It’s a very challenging time and lots of women miss their abusers and their familiar lives. I’m glad that you’re posting here about how you’re feeling, you’re not alone.

Take care and keep posting,
      Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content