Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      MOOO
      Participant

I had a chance to free myself from my tormentor. At the last moment, I withdrew. He was arrested, he came home. What I’ve done? Only now I have terror. I’m exhausted. I blame myself. My husband blamed me all my life. Now I blame myself. I was so intimidated. What now? The children suffer the most. I thought my husband thought it over. But he told me I’d regret it now. Now I have to stand up for questioning and if I don’t stand up, they’ll arrest me. My heart pounds all the time. I can’t sleep or eat. My husband is a manipulator. And I am sensitive and he uses it against me. My husband is destroying me.

KIP.
      Participant

That chance hasn’t gone. You can agree to go as a witness again and ask for bail conditions to have him removed. They hook you back in and yes they punish you for daring to cross you. Let the police deal with him and remove him from your home. It’s child abuse too when he abuses you in front of the children and the children can suffer long term mental health problems coming from an abusive home. They also learn how to abuse from him. Please reach out and let the agencies deal with him because you can’t. You can give your evidence via video link. You don’t need to be anywhere near him. Ring the national domestic abuse helpline and see what options you have. You can take a non molestation order or an occupation order too.

MOOO
      Participant

Where should I report it. (detail removed by Moderator) he was yelling and shouting at me because he couldn’t find the (detail removed by Moderator). He accused me of hiding him. He cursed at me. The children are afraid. I can’t stand there and wait and be afraid. What should I do? I’m worried about children.

Cantmakedecisons
      Participant

I’m sorry to hear this MOOO, I did exactly the same a while back. Please don’t make the same mistakes as me, it’s cost me any kind of dignity I had left. It got worse and I wasn’t sure how that could be but it did!

Phone the police station and tell them everything.. tell them your worries about the children and they will remove him.

Keep us updated x

KIP.
      Participant

Do you have any paperwork from the police who took your statement. There should be an incident number and contact details somewhere if nit ring 101 and report him and tell them you want to assist the investigation now and you’re scared. Also contact your local women’s aid x or ring the national domestic abuse helpline. If you feel you’re in danger then ring 999.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content