Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      winterjasmine1
      Participant

Hi. Having registered here several months ago, I had only posted one initial thanks for letting me join. I’m now very close to a (detail removed by Moderator) and feeling really wobbly. I had a migraine and sickness yesterday which I realise may be related to this. I am incredibly fortunate in being supported by husband and work and the issue is a retrospective one that has been raked up again (detail removed by Moderator). So I am safe and well out of the situation. I feel bad to reach out when I haven’t been logged on here at all to offer support to anyone else. I find it difficult to be on social media/any kind of electronic contact generally. But the thought of this forum made me feel I might reach out today. Sorry – this is a proper jumble of a post I know! Thanks xx

Scarecrow
      Participant

Hi winterjasmine1,

Please dont worry about asking for support – it is why a lot of us are here. Everyone is in different parts of our journey and some have healed enough to be able to offer help and support without feeling too triggered. Personally, i have to dip in and out depending on how i am feeling at the time. Today, i need the comfort and support and have the strength to try and give back, other days i just dont have it in me. It is very much swings and roundabouts. When you have gotten through all of this you will no doubt feel more able to offer support but there are no rules that say you have to.

The migraine and sickness could be attributed to the stress of the situation, which is perfectly normal.

Keep posting, think of it as a stream of consciousness. but know you are supported and not alone.

S

winterjasmine1
      Participant

Thank you Scarecrow – that’s so appreciated. Sending strength back to you too x
      Having been through the situation and healing process once already it’s so hard having it all pulled up again. This safe space is so appreciated. Thank you again x

Wants To Help
      Participant

Hi winterjasmine,

Sorry to read you’re having a tough time today, unfortunately the reason why has been removed so I don’t know what is happening that has caused this for you, but we’re here to listen (well read!!) and support or advise/offer help if we can. Just dip in and out of the forum whenever you need to.

xx

winterjasmine1
      Participant

Thank you WantsToHelp – thanks for taking the time to post this and make clear the support there. It makes a big difference and thank you x*x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content