Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      betterdays
      Participant

And I actually feel happy first time in a long time. A lot of the anger and revenge is starting to disappear from me. I never thought I’d get to this stage. I know for a fact he’s not happy one bit. I know he’s the looser. Over a month ago I’d of never thought it I were a total wreck. Wow time is really a great healer. But the no contact is a life saver it has been for me. I can honestly say I couldn’t care less how many women he has now I’m so proud of how far I’ve come. I can’t believe I didn’t do it yrars ago…….xxxx

Congratulations BD, you & your boys have a happier road ahead. X*X

betterdays
      Participant

Thankyou healthy archive. I hope u are well. Xxxxxxxx

KIP.
      Participant

It really is a great feeling after all those awful days and months. We really have had a lucky escape. With regards to a solicitor letter. In my experience they’re not worth the paper they’re written on. If he harasses you, ring the police X
      These men won’t take no for an answer. They cannot believe we have changed. For years they treated us like dirt and we took it. And we begged for more. They can’t understand why their mind games don’t work anymore. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Tuppance
      Participant

I am so pleased for you, Betterdays . How apt is your name now?!! Xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you for sharing this BD. In still consumed with anger, although I’ve only been out of the relationship X weeks. You give me hope that it’s going to get better ☺️

betterdays
        Participant

Hi Moogie I sincerely promise u it will. All the lovely ladies on here told me and I didn’t believe it at the time. But they were right. I did it and come out the other end u will too. Stay strong stay focused. Get all the support u can xxxx

Suntree
      Participant

It is a nice feeling. 🙂
      I am still waiting for the indifference feeling to come. That is my end goal.

However where as he would upset me for days even weeks with his tricks it is now lasting hours.
      Unfortunately the kids it still putting them out of kilter for a lot longer.

I have been reading the diary I kept during our time together, it is helping to make sense of things. I wrote some really shocking & upsetting things, what he was putting me through & how I was coping. Mind games, mixed messages, lying,keeping me dangling, I was devastated. At least we are finished now & i have stopped giving.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m keeping my head above water BD! I just feel so angry especially as I’m remebering things I’d blocked out or rationalised at the time. This forum is my lifeline I would still be with him if I hadn’t posted on here. It really helps to talk to other women who understand because anyone who hasn’t suffered abuse can’t possibly see why it’s so hard to leave them.

If it wasn,t for this forum I would have crawled back & cannot imagine what he had in store for me.

betterdays
      Participant

This forum is priceless xx

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content