Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Hazydayz
      Participant

I’m sitting here having read through latest posts and I’m aware that it feels like I’m in a different catagory. Apart from sharing the experience of being a victim of an abusive relationship with others here, It’s like feeling I’m in a timewarp sometimes? reading about those here with children when discussing their issues, I’m immediately transported back where I was (removed by moderator) years ago. A single parent then! Struggling with issues relateable to single parenthood, but not knowing about the abuse many of you poor women and your children have endured or are enduring. But hateing my ex husband just as much? A long story, but he left his children & I homeless during our seperation, and obviously I went on to divorce the monster after that. I guess that was abuse wasn’t it? 💞

Hazydayz
      Participant

It’s difficult coming to terms with all that’s happened in my life. I’m often having to pinch myself awake! I’m really at the other end. My children arn’t children anymore, they have grown up! left home! and now have children of their own. Move over Grandma! Your getting old and disabled now I hear myself thinking… soon I’ll be facing another big birthday. Bigger than the last. What you gonna do with the rest of your life now I’m asking myself? Live my life! I hear myself answer.🧓 💞

Hazydayz
      Participant

I’ve got a few plans …if I can pull them together after the week I’ve had. I really want to develop myself. Throw caution to the wind…venture into my own crafting business maybe? It will keep me busy, occupy my thinking, heal me hopefully? I just wish I had my little buddy around me🐾 but she got old quicker than me and is no more around to share time with me me.😢 Night night little friend💗 miss you 💕

Watersprite
      Participant

I’ve seen your posts – you have so much to offer. Please take care of you first – it has been a sad few weeks but my feeling is you have a life to be lived your own way …. at last x

Hazydayz
        Participant

I’m a giver that’s for sure, I’ll do my best for me too. Thanks for your input Watersprite, you’ve made a difference! I’ll keep it in mind. Happy days! x

Lottieblue
      Participant

Hi Hazy,
      Are you saying you feel like you are in the minority, being over 50? If so, I disagree! I had just been thinking that there has been a surge in cries for help from the over 50 age group. I won’t name names, but there are several, old hands and new, who have struggled recently. Definitely makes me feel less alone, but so sad for everyone, too. X

Hazydayz
      Participant

Morning Lottieblue. How are you today? No…I wasn’t feeling like I was alone or in a minority here. Hope not to have caused any offence! I was simply…remembering being in a situation with young children. Guess I realise now how the years have flown by. I feel my mothering years have gone?…. long story! I’ve lost my family over HIM. Now I must find…who am I, find me, and my future. Getting over losing my little furry companion first. Who’s gone now🐾 Hey! Hello Over 50’s big thumbs up to us too, we done good!💞

Hazydayz
      Participant

And…I can still see myself doing some good in the days,weeks, months,ahead hopefully? Hey! I was up at 5am this morning, I drove (detail removed by moderator) miles, some distance today to the coast and back and must have walked some distance on the beachfront, walking on the sand! And I’m still up! after midnight it is now. That’s not bad going for an ageing girl is it! I still have the energy to be on here, so definately doing some good still, I hope? I might sleep in tomorrow I think? Yes, why not! Goodnight, sweet dreams. 💞

Hazydayz
      Participant

And look… I’m awake again at 5am? Why? There’s no hope of a lie in for me today, what was I thinking? May as well practice my super woman routine…get up and do something? 💞

Hazydayz
      Participant

I did get up and do. But I’m sat here now feeling my age. Too late to go back to bed! I can’t do back to front nights and days, They’re not for me! I like to see the sunshine. Enjoy outdoors! Have the best day you can everyone. 💞

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content