Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      KIP.
      Participant

I have the right to:

• Live a life of peace free from abuse and fear.
      • Feel valued, respected and appreciated for who I am.
      • Express my thoughts and opinions without judgment or criticism.
      • Share equally in all decisions related to relationship, children, home and finances.
      • Grow as a person, have my own goals, and develop my own talents and abilities.
      • Have friendships outside my relationship that are sustaining and satisfying.
      • Have control over my body – to be able to refuse sex, to engage in safe practices, to choose my birth control method, and whether or when to have children or become pregnant.
      • Have freedom of movement without fear of repercussion.
      • Feel safe wherever I am.
      • Seek help from police or others if I’m not feeling safe.
      • Believe that I am an important, powerful and beautiful human being.

KIP.
      Participant

When I first broke away from my abuser I was shown this by women’s aid and I just couldn’t believe this was reality. It’s something I really appreciate now. I use it to remind myself of my worth.

Anonymous
      Inactive

That hits hard. X

KIP.
      Participant

Yes Sande it does hit hard but these are our rights and we shouldn’t be in a position where we even have to refer to them. This was my mantra when I first left. It kept me focused but also reminded me of just how many of my rights I had lost in that abusive relationship x

gettingtired
      Participant

Me too @beachhut x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content