Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Broadbodiedchaser
      Participant

Anyone else find themselves having ‘battles’ to try to communicate with ex over their children’s welfare and activitues? He ignores my emails and won’t answer a ohone call. My ex refuses to keep me informed about matters relating to our children e.g. school results, parents evenings and feedback. Not sure whether to go to parents evenings separately or what? Neither of us have custody but he now has the ‘family’ home.

browneyedmum
      Participant

When I got in touch with our local DA service, one of the things that they suggested to me was to get in touch with my children’s schools and talk directly with their pastoral care. This was to set up wrap-around care for the children and then also seek advice, guidance, and another pillar of support in our case. In fact, a local school is holding our go-bags at present. “We’re not the first, nor will we be the last” said their pastoral teacher.

Schools are meant to inform both parents, independently if needed, and many schools have the means to do that now especially post-COVID.

Insofar as Parent’s Evening, one of my children had one and my husband attended it. I already know where that child is in attainment, because I communicate frequently with school and I am involved in that child’s homework, where dad chooses not to.

I guess that is all to say, don’t communicate with your ex nor expect great communication there. Instead, form your relationship with your child(ren)’s schoo(s) and work it out directly without the ex. Get the ex out of that loop. School(s) will support it.

Broadbodiedchaser
      Participant

Thank you Browneyedmum. The school used to be pretty good at emailing me but results forms are on paper etc. I’d forgotten to ask for those things. It’s also things like my ex leaving our youngest in the house alone until (detail removed by Moderator)pm instead of responding to my request that he stays with me for a weekend. I think he’s doing it to provoke me and perhaps to ensure I have to get in touch????

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content