Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Serenity
      Participant

I am getting back to working more or less at my normal rate now, after two years!

Before he left, I had my head down, surviving, working hard at work and at home.

In all my previous jobs, I was conscientious and had good references.

My work have been so good to me, so patient. But I am plagued with guilt about how I was such a mess. I broke down crying in one meeting, with professional there, and I didn’t produce my normal rate of work for a long time. I was inept.

I am worried now that people think badly of me.

godschild
      Participant

I think in this day and age many works get rid ofpeople for the slightest thing, I think if they didnt understand or care or were thinking bad of you they would have got rid of you.
      You must work with caring people , accept their kindness, you are just worrying and feeling guilty about it, im sure they are fine with you, you just have to feel ok with yourself which isnt easy when you have been abused ,glad you are back to your normal rate of work and that you have been supported through it all xx

Ayanna
      Participant

I agree to what Godschild says. They would not have kept you.
      I had to look for a new job because my manager bullied me mercilessly. He caused me a nervous break down even on my last day there.
      I am not back to my normal self and I struggle in my new job. But I work very hard to compensate for my shortcomings. I feel that I get better and hopefully in a few months I am my old self at work. As I am new there they do not know me and see a lot of things as normal for the first few months. Luckily I have this excuse. I for myself know the true reasons and I work to overcome them.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content