Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Hopesprings
      Participant

Have a lot of worry on my head at the mo. I worry about a certain event coming up and the protections that won’t be in place afterwards. Angry and hurt by a certain friend and how they minimise my fears, as if ex is no real threat. Maybe she’s right but she should listen not speak. Feel like I waste women’s aid valuable time sometimes and I need to get over myself. I’ve missed the forum but it’s been difficult to get it to work.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Hopesprings,

I’m sorry about the technical difficulties we have had, but it’s good to have you back on the forum and I hope it can help a bit during what sounds like an anxious time for you. It sounds like your friend may not really understand how complex domestic abuse can be. Women’s Aid do understand so please access as much support as you can and try not to worry about using up time, it is what we are here for.

Do you think there is any way of getting more protection in place for you?

Please remember you can call the helpline on 0808 2000 247 at any time to discuss your situation in confidence with a support worker.

Kind Regards and Keep posting,

Lisa

Hopesprings
      Participant

Hello Lisa thanks for the reply.

I talked to someone on the helpline today and it was good to talk through my options and be listened to. I am going to my local women’s aid tomorrow to talk about certain things.

Thanks again X

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content