Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

So upset and scared cos man from a local authority I approached for housing said I can’t apply to them. Said cos I’ve been in refuge several months so no longer fleeing abuse. It’s not safe in refuge area tho. Ok when lockdowns cos no travelling but Ex has links here. Can’t stay permanently. Man at council didn’t care and said it didn’t count as risk. A support worker said that’s wrong and she said I need to complain and insist they take my application.

Don’t kno if I should. Don’t want to live in that area after how the man was on the phone. Scared of being somewhere where he’s in charge of where I live but maybe good to complain for other victims? Scared tho about what will happen if I complain. Can I make them keep my name and details confidential? Should I not bother complaining. Sorry for more questions on this forum.

KIP.
      Participant

I’d definitely complain. Not only for other victims but to make the system clearer to him. Maybe he needs retraining. They will have a complaints department. Perhaps your support worker could help you with that. I lost count of the times I complained. It’s the only way to change things. I’m sure some people simply lied to me to make their own lives easier. Lazy and ignorant x don’t give up until you get what you want or are 100% satisfied with the answers you get.

gettingtired
      Participant

Please do complain. This man has absolutely no isea what he is talking about. He has no right to say because it’s been months that means you aren’t at risk anymore. This definitely needs reporting, Can you speak to your support worker if you’re worried about how to word the complaint? Xx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content