Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Tuppance
      Participant

… If we could all meet up with our kids somewhere . They play and we have a cuppa and hug and support each other? This forum is so amazing but I miss female company – company with others that get what we are going through. Everyone else, friends that they are, don’t see what he does half the time. I am a very private person with friends and family – I am sure that some of them would think I am making mountains out of molehills. Xxxx

KIP.
      Participant

There might be a good local domestic abuse support group. Ask women’s aid. Or if you do the freedom programme there’s a chance to meet women that know what you’re going through X

Escaped not free
      Participant

I know what you mean tuppancewell. I’d happily bake a batch of brownies and say, come on over ladies. It’s hard when you are as private as you are. I’m the same, to the point most of my family also think I’m melodramatic. He even took delight in telling me how an aunt of mine sent him a text letting him know they have no problem with him. It makes you feel very, very alone. Then on the other side I’ve got my mother getting angry at me because I can’t get angry and vengeful towards him, that I’m sad. That I’m heartbroken. We are here though, not in the room but a similar headspace. X

Tuppance
      Participant

Yes, thank god for this forum !!! Xx

Peaceful Pig
      Participant

It would be great, I often think the same. There are no support groups near me and I couldn’t do the Freedom programme because of work. When I do spend time with someone who gets it it is so validating and lifts me up. But most people, even the ones that mean well, are invalidating or try to tell me what to do or how to feel. Some people have been kind but I get the feeling they like me being in crisis and them being the helper which isn’t at all helpful especially as I grow in strength. I’m not ungrateful but I need to be able to keep improving. I’m sure we could build our collective confidence in no time! X

Millionpieces
      Participant

I can not imagine what kind of stage I am right know if I didn’t found this forum, I found it amazing how powerful make us to find that people actually understand what we’ve been through, and have similar experience and surviving together.

Massive thank you for all the lovely ladies here.

X
      MP

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content