Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Strube
      Participant

He saw the kids this weekend. Amongst other things that happened (I can’t go into detail on here but I’m dealing with them), the children informed me that their dad told them he hates me. I think this has confused them and our eldest says he feels sad for me.

He really hasn’t changed! He has fooled the courts, and myself to some extent, because I almost believed everything he was saying. I felt that he had the kids best interests at heart.

I have no power to stop him doing this to our kids and I’m so cross!

Serenity
      Participant

Hi Strube,

If you can try to keep your cool and don’t lower yourself to his pathetic level, your kids will see him as just that in comparison- pathetic.

These men don’t care what damage their words do, even to their own children. In fact, they don’t even think that far- things begin and end with them.

Keep on being the loving and caring mum you are. My first counsellor told me that kids go where they feel most loved. If you are careful about their emotions, they feel loved. His horrible insults can’t seem like love for them. He’s using them as weapons and as an audience for his own frustrations.

Strube
      Participant

Hi Serenity,

It is taking every ounce of strength I have not to talk negatively about their father in front of them. I had hoped that he might be able to do the same. He is pathetic. I am hopeful that the children will see him for what he is, I just worry that he is going to try and manipulate them against me.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content