Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      JustKeepSinging
      Participant

If you knew someone had done something that they could end up going to prison for would you report them?

I know you can report anonymously through crimestoppers but I’m sure that they would KNOW who reported them and I would be worried about the risk to the person reporting it?

fizzylem
      Participant

If I felt it was important to report I’d report; pretty sure the police are used to dealing with people coming forward who need anonymity; although in some cases the witness may be required to testify; but in other cases it may be the information leads to some actual police work followed by an arrest – so the information is only used to assist an operation.

I think as a rule a person’s safety has to always come first, but this should never come at the cost of someone else’s safety, this is where police protection comes in I guess. It’s v hard to write a response when it’s a hyperthetical and non specific q, but understand this is necessary here x

JustKeepSinging
      Participant

Thanks Fizzylem yeah I can’t go into detail here just needed another opinion!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content