Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

My ex is using our child as an excuse to tell me how to live my life. I’ve just realised that I have started using grey rock. I’m still a bit wobbly, but there’s something to be said for not allowing him to see he’s upset me.

Flowerchild
      Participant

Yay for you, darling! It’s such a powerful strategy and gives you so much power and confidence.

Well done!

Flower x

Whateverapproach
        Participant

Hi Justholdingon, i’m new to the site. Sorry what is the grey rock method i’m looking for any tips/advice as i’m seperated and still living with the gas lighting ex thanks

KIP.
      Participant

Well done. Next step is to reduce contact to an absolute minimum. Watch out for him upping his game when he can’t get a reaction. Stay safe x

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Great doing!
      I love grey rock, it is my go to method to get rid of exploitative people. They can go plug themselves into someones else’s veins!

resilient
      Participant

i did not know what grey rock was till your post – thank you. fortunately i am nc with my childs dad – for now. however, i have had to apply it where i work and like KIP has stated, it was not long till they bit.
      best wishes to you*

Anonymous
      Inactive

*resilient* I’m glad it helped you.

Anonymous
      Inactive

*whateverapproach* look up grey rock. Its about not giving an animated response when your abuser is trying to upset you or start an argument, so you just respond with things like yes, no or okay. The idea is they get bored of no reaction and start to leave you alone.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content