Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Nina
      Participant

Not been here for a long time but I need to know if anybody else has done what I’ve done. Lives a life, like I do?
      I lived in absolute terror for a few years after the perpetrator got convicted but as expected, he got a sentence that was ridiculous.

Then, I was just pretty frightened for the next couple of years after that, had incidents, had to renew my restraining order.

I’ve had to hide away for so long now that it’s normal.
      I don’t have any social media anywhere whatsoever because I know he’d see it. He still has a photo of a (detail removed by Moderator) of mine as his Facebook profile, I’ve been told.
      I haven’t even considered another relationship since and won’t ever again.

I grew up with domestic violence and at (detail removed by Moderator) when I came home with a black eye my mother asked if my boyfriend had done it. I obviously said that he didn’t but she knew that he had, and just said to me that I must have deserved it.

I knew I didn’t and left home, did amazing well, all on my own without a penny from anyone, just from determination and drive but I let it back in.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Nina,

Welcome back to the forum and thank you for sharing with us. We all deal with things in different ways but you are not alone in this, other survivors will be able to relate to your post. I hope it has helped by posting on the forum.

There is support here for you from people who understand, keep posting when you can.

Best wishes,

Lisa

Darkclouds321
      Participant

I’m still at the beginning after going back several times but I will not go back again. Each day I feel stronger and know it’s not ok and I don’t deserve what he did.
      Well done xx

Footballfan1
      Participant

Wow Nina,

Please give credit to yourself.
      You have gone far in your journey.
      Dont let him have a hold over you.
      Only you can dictate the rest of your life x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content