Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Iwon
      Participant

Well got a message from my ex saying I want our son living with me (Detail removed by moderator) days a week now. Our son has lived solely with me for several years and is very happy.

He had a letter persuing him for child support so his solution is well he can live here and you can pay me child support.

It’s bizarre! He genuinely thinks I will go yes sir you can have custody after all these years.

It just reminded me what a colluded self serving fool he is. He lives in his own little world.

I replied I think we will leave it as it has been since our split. (Detail removed by moderator)

It reminded me of him calling me years after telling me I was going to be arrested and brought to court I’d i didn’t pay his bills! I spent 20 minutes while he screamed and called me names explaining they were his debts, from a property he owned (Detail removed by moderator)!🤣

I then got a solicitor letter telling me he insisted I paid his bills. I had to write back and explain to his solicitor they were his bills from after our marriage!!!

When you start to laugh at the made antics at least you are not crying I suppose x

MsTaken
      Participant

Omg he is so cheeky! They will do anything to get out of paying child support. My ex pays nothing even tho he’s fairly well off. Does your son want to go with him? I think your right telling him to leave it as it is. You obviously love your son very much so well done you x*x

Iwon
      Participant

My son would bit live with him. He could not stand the manipulation lies and slight bullying to him. He won’t go for much longer x

BakingQueen
      Participant

Wow. Sounds just like my ex.

Refused to pay child support. So I told him he is leaving me with no choice but to contact CSA. Then when they did, I got a text demanding to see our child more. Like kids are pay per view. I told him I’d rather leave things as they are. He left it alone. Until they recalculated the amount (as I told them I was expecting more) all of a sudden I am ruining his life and how could l do this to him and if I loved our child I wouldn’t this. Ha! Pity party for one.

I love how karma is working it’s way on him and I sit back and enjoy it. He’s got a tonne of debt (which according to him is my fault – not his stupid choices to want something now instead of saving like a normal person). He expected me to foot the bill but when I left I stopped paying for everything (he didnt have a job – again my fault too even though I told him not to leave it. That made me selfish apparently)

Sorry, rambling on. I guess my point is karma will catch up with them. The desperation for control means they will come up with anything but it won’t stick. You keep standing your ground! X

Iwon
      Participant

Thanks for replies. Mine is the same. Massive debt. Just carries on gambling drinking not working and blaming me for ruining his life.

Truth is I worked and kept everything afloat when we were married. I look back now and wonder why or how I survived for so long.

Nowadays there are no bailiffs at my door. My bills are paid. We have little holidays and food in the fridge.

Mine actually reported himself to csa as was convinced he wouldn’t have to pay as much as court order…. He never paid under court order.

I doubt the car will get money off him anymore than I did but actually past caring.

Debt and being chased by dad has no effect on him. He sees it as a sign he has won because he isn’t paying.

The further I love on the more I look back at him and think God you were always like this…. I think I number myself to reality when we were married to survive. Xx

BakingQueen
      Participant

I remember feeling so anxious every time someone rang the doorbell because I wasn’t sure if it was the bailiffs. I used to get worried that if I let them in my ex would be upset with me. Now I have left I don’t have that stress either. I didn’t realize it until I read your post and it’s a nice feeling to have.

We can also have nice times away and enjoy our time and money as we should. Properly enjoy our lives and be truly happy. I am so grateful to be out.

It’s funny that, feeling like they have won because they aren’t paying. The real win is the fact that you left. That was the true battle. You stood up for yourself and didn’t take his rubbish and that is the REAL win 🙂

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content