Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Orangedolphin
      Participant

Feeling v low, anxious, miserable, fed up of slow recovery, friends not understanding, and this feeling that there is still something, a single significant incident, that needs to come to the surface so I can process it and move on. Just wanted to vent in a safe space and have someone tell me it will be OK, it will pass, I will be carefree again!

Fudgecake
      Participant

I know exactly how you feel. Sending you positive thoughts and hoping you will feel less anxious soon. I think it comes in waves with the good periods getting longer each time. It’s a horrible state to be in but it’s all part of recovery I believe. I’m anxious atm and I’m sure it’s not doing my heart any good. I guess it’s the after shock we’re going through. Try and eat well and rest.
      X

lover of no contact
      Participant

Aw it’s good you’re not trying to cope with the bad days on your own. It’s very hard to sit with the huge overwhelming negative feelings. The negative try to drown out the positive. Thing is when I have huge awful feelings I try to accept them, not try to make them go away as I find the only way out is through. There’s no point stuffing them with food, too much activity as that will cause a 2nd set of problems for me. I just accept I’m human, that I feel deeply (wish I didn’t sometimes) that I can’t be firing on all cyclinders the whole time. As you say it will be ok. Today is the day where the low feelings have to be put up with(healing is being done by sitting with them so it’s not a waste of time). Tomorrow or Wednesday they will be dissipating. I find to keep my day simple when I feel low. I take it hour by hour and try in that hour to do a positive thing E.g. go for a walk(even though it’s the last thing I want to do). Music lifts my spirits etc maybe use the time to decluttter clothes, a drawer etc. You’re right “This Too Will Pass”.

Orangedolphin
      Participant

Thank you both. I do think the gaps are getting bigger meaning when it hits it hurts more?! And I also feel deeply, and I know what you mean there, if I didn’t feel so deeply it might be easier BUT feeling deeply is a good thing. I reckon us survivors come out the other side with more empathy. It WILL pass, it just hurts now 🙁

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content