Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      ifiwasaspoon
      Participant

Hi everyone not posted for a while, Ive been out a couple of years now, I have ptsd and still get triggered by the strangest things, a smell, a word, a place, articles on the news but I can do this and so can you. There were so many times I felt so trapped, hurt, the abuse was physical and mental for a very long time, I felt broken, damaged sometimes I just focused on getting through the next hour, the next day, and I kept saying to myself this is not my forever life, I will get out, I can do this and I did with help and support it wasnt easy but when you’ve been at rock bottom like we all have the only way is up right? I just wanted to share that I swore to spend the rest of my life on my own, I felt so damaged I would never be in that situation again, Ive now met someone who understands me, who is patient, kind, and loving they are everything that my perpetrator was not and it’s hard not to pull my scars in to this new life I just wanted to share that you can do this too, that life doesn’t have to always be your forever life you have the power and the choices and the support to do it safely so from someone who never ever thought they could get out and have a life you can do it, speak to someone, pick up the phone love to you all x

Hereforhelp
      Participant

I love this post ❤ thank you for posting this update, really needed this today.
      Lots of love ❤️

Weemebreeze
      Participant

Lovely to hear! Thanks for sharing – I needed to hear this today. 💕

Eggshells
      Participant

Wow. So many positive posts on here today. It’s great to hear from survivors who are moving on. Well done for pushing through to get this far and thank you for posting. xx

nbumblebee
      Participant

This is lovley thank you xx

Darcy
      Participant

Hi beautiful Angel …
      This is a lovely post … thank you for sharing it
      Its great that you have now found someone who understands and is kind
      I think what you say about things not having to be your forever life is so spot on
      Just because something worked once does not mean you have to power on with it at the expense of your happiness, well being and safety
      Things change all the time and so can your situation, never lose hope that this is not true
      *ASK*BELIEVE*RECIEVE*
      Sending you continued love and support
      Darcy xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

Wonderful news ❤️ Gives us all hope to a better future! Enjoy 😘

Hopefulgreyrock
      Participant

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content