Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • #145528

      All my troubles seemed not so far away! I sat opposite a councillor and recounted to her a revisited lately, memory. What I’ve once more brought out of the closet of my mind, a skeleton from my childhood! That for some reason? Iv’e out of the blue! now! faced up to!
      disected! disturbingly woken up to! all these years later! the truth! About…Uncle (removed by moderator)! What he did! added to my young life! Seeing him again in my mind… replaying… His obvious now! sexual abuse of my mum, then later, of me, his wife my auntie, and her daughter!his step daughter! in fact of almost every female in my mum’s, aunties, our family circle. His amusing himself with rauchous laughter on entrance to our lives, as a frequent visitor to our home…ALWAYS! started with his approaching hands! Arms stretched out, hands eagerly pincing like crab claws, opening and closing, determined to latch on! I can see and here him now! T*****s! T*****s! T*****s! There was nothing anyone of us could do! Against his brute force strength! Blocking any escape! And the screams of.. get off me! From the chosen victim that time! Still ring in my ears!and add to my feelings of sickness. It’s taken nearly 50 years to realise this totally inappropriate behaviour is sexual abuse! I’d buried it so deep! Along with everything else! Can I report to police? He shouldn’t be allowed to get away with that! It’s saddens me what he did to my mum! the memory of her. What he did to me! To us all!

    • #145546
      Main Moderator

      Hi Hazydayz,

      It’s good to learn you are talking to a counsellor at the moment, it seems like you’re going through quite a difficult time emotionally. I’m also sorry to learn of your realisation about abuse from your childhood.
      You can report historic incidents of abuse to the police. If you are reporting historical abuse to the police you could ask to speak to someone from the Domestic Abuse Investigation Team (DAIT), as they will be able to explore your options for reporting this in more detail.
      You may want to talk to specialist support service NAPAC (National Association of People Abused in Childhood), on 0800 085 3330.
      Supportline also offer confidential emotional support to reach people before they get to “crisis” point. They offer support by telephone, email and post. They work with callers to develop healthy, positive coping strategies, an inner feeling of strength and increased self-esteem to encourage healing, recovery and moving forward with life. They also keep details of counsellors, agencies and support groups throughout the UK. They cover a wide range of issues, including domestic abuse. They can also refer locally. You can contact them on 01708 765200 or visit their website at
      I hope this is helpful.

      Take care,


      • #145583

        Thankyou Lisa💐 you have offered great support to me I see. I appreciate everything you have shared with me here. Thankyou again. Hazydayz 💞

    • #145552
      Twisted Sister

      Oh Hazydayz…sending you virtual (((hugs))) and every strength for this and your knowing how wrong this was to you all. Be super kind and gentle on yourself during this time, you need it and deserve extra support and comfort. I’m glad you have someone to help you through this.

      warmest wishes


Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide


Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content