Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      CutieSunshine
      Participant

yesterday I went to the doctors and broke into tears saying to him that its so hard ,i don’t know if i can stay strong . The doctor wasn’t very supportive , he just said you must take the anti depressants they will help you. Then i ended ringing my ex and he answered and said who is this , he didn’t even remember my voice when its only been a few weeks no contact. i just said i wanted to talk because i don’t understand what i have done, anyway he said he was having a good day till i rang him, told me to grow up and hanged up on me. i spent half my life with this man, how can he treat me so badly.. i never went to the police about him hurting me and his literally got away with everything . my emotions are so mixed up that i think i actually need more help than my doctor is offering me.

Confused123
      Participant

Hey hun

Sorry to hear u had a bad day, not very professional of your gp by not being supportive, next time u feel urge to call him put a post on here instead or try calling womensaid but never them hun . Have u got a support worker u could talk to or may be a counsellor. I would recommend u to build a SUPPORT network of people u can talk to when u feel low, its so important. whether u report the abuse is your own personal choice, i thought i could just walk away and leave it at that but after been a year out and getting counselling i decided he would face upto what he did to me , they r very insensitive, he reacted that way to annoy u more, u r better of without him hun. I too am wary of anti depressants but have heard they have helped loads of people , getting help and advise of others will help u decide

Ayanna
      Participant

Oh, sorry CutieSunshine. I think you should go no contact with your abuser. He will try to hurt you and that will set you back every time.
      Regarding the GP, many do not care. They have only 10 minutes per patient and want to get on with their day. Try to see another one in your surgery. Maybe a female GP will understand better.
      Try to do nice things for youself. Try to find out free events in your area and distract youself. I am not a supporter of anti depressants.
      When I cannot cope I go to the park and scream at the top of my voice. That is such a relief sometimes. I do not care what people think. x*x

CutieSunshine
      Participant

hi confused 123, I haven’t got a support worker , I haven’t rang the number I was given because I just don’t know what to say . I was given the number by woman’s aid not by doctor. I went into work crying today, which is not good as I work in the education services. I need to be happy.

CutieSunshine
      Participant

I have just rang up and asked to see a female GP, hopefully she will be a bit more supportive. I have sat and thought about it and I think the best thing I can do is come off the internet, not have email , I changed my number 3 weeks ago now so that is already done. I think that’s what I need to go and do Ayanna, go to the park and just scream lol

Confused123
      Participant

HI Hun

Just say u were in a abusive relationship and need support to cope , tell them what u r struggling with

lilbbysprout
      Participant

Hi there,
      First of all, thank you for posting and for reaching out. I know it isn’t easy. I’m sorry your doctor made you feel invalidated and didn’t offer the type of empathy that you were seeking. Personally, that type of reject not only always makes me feel worse but leaves me feeling embarrassed and as if I shouldn’t have revealed my vulnerability. But there is beauty and courage in being so honest. You’ve recognize that you need more help then you are receiving, which is good. Awareness is one of the first steps! I would recommend reaching out to as many resources around you as you can- perhaps look into support groups, and a therapist. Focus on surrounding yourself with positive people who will build you up and be sure to do nice things that help you self-care; warm baths, slow walks, reading a favorite book, and so on.

Grasping that someone is not who we thought they were and asking why they did what they did is hard, it can drive us mad. It’s normal for you to be struggling with it. Be kind and good to yourself, things will get better.

CutieSunshine
      Participant

thank you for the replies, you are right. I need to get as much support as I can .. I will end up going mad otherwise

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content