Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Roar
      Participant

I feel that I have this tendency to kind of push myself to be honest & really courageous all the time .. So now feel like I need to get back on track and find way forward without having to do that , if it’s not always gonna help, whilst continue if to feel empowered and in control .. Basically listening to my instincts and reminding myself that I’m deserving and amazing worthy person – and trusting that I have all the knowledge I need inside …. Mmmm eater said then done 🤔

Serenity
      Participant

You don’t need to prove anything to anyone.

All you need to do is be you, and follow your gut instinct about what you feel to be right.

X*x

SaharaD
      Participant

I used to push myself a lot now. I’m terrible at relaxing. I’m either depressed and hiding from the world or doing loads. When I’m at work (and my colleagues say this) I’m always on the go;always doing something.

Now I try not to beat myself up over not doing anything at all (particularly with all the stress I’ve got since leaving him (years of stress with no end in sight))

Today I did a tidy and clean up of my condemned flat and my room in the b and b and then made myself have a pedicure and a nice meal.

Trusting myself I find hard. Particularly when other people (professionals) are trying to get me to do otherwise. I’m just a number to certain council and nhs staff, they don’t care if I lose my job or end up in hospital as long as they can get rid of me on their desk asap.

p.s. even if you don’t have the knowledge (no one has all the knowledge), you know where to come to get it! The forum! 🙂

Roar
      Participant

Sorry meat to reply for ages to this … Thanks ladies Still lots to share ofcourse, especially re changes of work routine / and haveing to Sharing info about my PDST ) ect..
      But for now I’ve been enjoying some ‘me’ time today even tho it’s now 17:00 and not organised stuff yet .. Still gonna go gentle on myself and enjoy this peaceful, sunny Good Fri 😊 As much as I can x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content