Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

We have had zero contact on either side for almost 5 months which is great. i deleted all text messages and emails, put away photos and have seen nothing linking him since then. I was just browsing through Facebook photos and saw a photo of me where he had made a comment, the comment was made about 2 years ago. Just seeing his name made me feel fearful, anxious and physically sick. It is a lovely special photo so I don’t want to delete it, i just don’t think I will look at it again, or for some years. I can ask my mum for a copy, she will have one. XXXXX

KIP.
      Participant

These triggers come and go. Over time they will become less painful. It’s still the trauma hanging around. But underlines the no contact rule. Have a lovely day🌷

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi HA

I dont use Facebook, but I know you can delete the comment if you want to and still keep he photo. If is hurts you too much, rather get the copy from your mom:)

The feelings you are feeling are normal, but remember that you are free now and that he is not part of your life anymore, he cannot hurt you anymore. So dont let his name make you fear him, he cannot do anything to you

Hope you feel better

xox

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content