Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      herewegoagain
      Participant

I haven’t been on here in ages, here is some feed back +/- 4 years later….back in the day when I was struggling in a marriage of decades to a violent controlling and abusive man, leaving it seemed impossible! But I did it…left my home with a suitcase and my son. I am a survivor no longer a victim…I am safe. He made his final mistake when I became seriously ill ( like I was dying) he didn’t even visit me in hospital…. unbelievable…So yes you can do it…take the help that is offered and break free…and GO NO CONTACT to break his control. I love my life my job my family, home and my friends. I take holiday’s get my nails done etc and despite that i am now living with a serious heart condition I am happier than I have been in decades. I am thousands of miles from my ex ..so don’t worry about details…don’t really care whatever he’s up to now…I have moved on #ilovemylife x

Fudgecake
      Participant

Thank you for letting us know how far you have come and what a great achievement it is.
      It’s good to hear about how someone is doing four years later on. It brings hope to those still in the early days. Well done you on rebuilding your life. Live free x

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi there herewegoagain, thank you for coming back and sharing how your life just changed so much for the better. I am sorry to hear about your health issue though.

As Fudgecake said well done for rebuilding your life.

Best wishes

Lisa

PinaColada
      Participant

Hi herewegoagain,

Fantastic news! It’s so lovely to hear how you’ve got out of that awful relationship, moved forward and healed. Great to hear a positive story after getting out. Gives hope!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content