And don’t tell me what to say
      And, please, when I go out with you
      Don’t put me on display

‘Cause, you don’t own me
      Don’t try to change me in any way
      You don’t own me
      Don’t tie me down
      ‘Cause I’ll never stay

(other lyrics removed by moderator due to copyright)

I like that song Karma. Hope you’re doing okay x

Twisted Sister
      Participant

hi LBP… thanks for replying to my post, not sure it comes across as well as the moent I had when i heard it and the thoughts it brought up, but i was surprised at how old the song and yet topical the sentiment, its so current for us all.

I wish i could say everything is great! would love to be able to, but it sees to take such a long time, and recovery is tough, so is keeping the faith that things will improve.

its lovely to hear from you and I really hope the same for you, that you’re doing ok, and not under threat/risk at the moment and able to have some peace in your life?

warmest wishes

KS xx

lilbird
      Participant

Hey KS.
      Things will get easier, I know sometimes it doesn’t feel that way but time is everything. Every day that passes is another day of heeling my friend 🙂 Sending you lots of gentle hugs xx

Twisted Sister
      Participant

OH Bless you lovely lilbird. so true time is everything, and a lot changes over time, just wishing it wasn’t SUCH a loooong time 😉

and hugs back to you too, hoping that you are doing well x*x KS x*x

Ariel
      Participant

Hi I always sing this song around the house. It’s a way of saying the things I want to say to him but indirectly.

Twisted Sister
      Participant

a good mantra to adopt, yes Ariel! Does he react to it atall?? warmest wishes KS xx

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content