• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Daff
      Participant

If you could tell your younger self anything what would it be. For me it would be that you are in charge of your own happiness, if your in a situation where your blamed for everything that goes wrong it’s not the right place for you. I’ve been out of the relationship for a few years now, but I’m so angry with myself, I feel alone, I feel like I’m living my life hiding and I don’t know how to be me. Knowing what I would say to me, doesn’t change anything. Afraid of living life just incase.

Graysky
      Participant

Hi Daff, I ask myself that question a lot. I grieve for my lost youth wasted on living some kind of pretend life.
      I would tell myself it’s ok to be alone and tell myself you are stronger than you think. I have realised I am actually stronger , more independent than my ex partner. I actually pity him now although angry that he never acknowledged his behaviour was wrong.
      Maybe doing something for yourself that you could not do before. Anything from decorating a room in YOUR favourite colours to a holiday or day trip.
      Start with small things.

Keep going xx

nbumblebee
      Participant

Id say dont hide away dont hide what you feel inside let it out now or you will make some mistakes further on that you wont be able to put right.
      Id also tell myself not to be afraid to run to be free to be yourself because thats also what I regret, losing the me i once was or couldve/shouldve been.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’d tell myself to listen to my gut, tell somebody sooner and that I didn’t need to fulfil the every want of a man that only cared about controlling me.
      Sending love to everyone.

Daff
      Participant

Thanks everyone, I’ve had a lot of time to myself recently and I think I’ve kept myself busy to avoid dealing with it fully. Knowing that it’s OK to feel like this helps, all I’ve wanted to do today is cry. My mind is over thinking and it’s not in a good place at the moment.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Hi Daff, I’m so sorry that you are going through this and that you’ve had a particularly tough day.
        You are stronger than you are probably recognising right now. I empathise a lot with your original post as I have a lot of similar feelings.
        Sometimes letting it out and crying can help.
        Keep going, you’re amazing xx

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content